What Coffee with Cats is NOT. . .



Coffee with Cats is not a tribute to the coffee bean specially processed by the civet's digestive track.

Coffee with Cats is not a fetish page devoted to the cat cafes of Japan.

What is Coffee with Cats? Keep reading to find out.



The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The first of the Photoshopped spectaculars, created for my husband in homage of a poster he found in Cairo with a similar disregard for proportion or scale. That's us on the roof. But that's not our real house.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

New Litter Box!!!

Is it a new Cat Castle? The Ultra ScoopFree Cat Castle?





Even better! It's a new electronic litter box.







Strombeek remembers the last 4 electronic boxes they destroyed.





This was the first model, the Petmate Purrforma Plus. The cats went through three of them. They destroyed the motor in the first one after just a couple months. So I loaded up the pieces and took it back to Petco. The warranty was still good, but the manager told me that without a receipt I could only exchange it.  That's fine, I said, since that's what I wanted to do.
The next one lasted a couple more months. When it broke,  I took it back to Petco again. Only this time, the guy at t the check-out counter mocked me in front of all the customers in line. He was a regular comedian, this guy.  I'd wiped it down with Clorox wipes just like I had the time before and loaded it in a shopping cart, just like I had before. Only this time this guy wasn't having it.

I wasn't expecting this defeat and mockery after my previous success, so I burst into tears. (That's Strombeek demonstrating.)
The manager had to rectify things, since people aren't supposed to leave Petco in tears--it looks bad for business. So, to the consternation of the cashier heckler, we walked out with Petmate Purrforma Plus #3.

When that one died, we switched over to the Littermaid, which I think lasted close to a year. And now, we're finally trying again with a new, improved model of a completely different brand.


If nothing else, at least it has a nice big Cat Castle box.

No comments: