What Coffee with Cats is NOT. . .



Coffee with Cats is not a tribute to the coffee bean specially processed by the civet's digestive track.

Coffee with Cats is not a fetish page devoted to the cat cafes of Japan.

What is Coffee with Cats? Keep reading to find out.



The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The first of the Photoshopped spectaculars, created for my husband in homage of a poster he found in Cairo with a similar disregard for proportion or scale. That's us on the roof. But that's not our real house.

Monday, August 8, 2011

2012 Calendar Reject





























So I had these nice photos of the cats on the verge of fighting, and I only have a couple months left for the 2012 calendar. There was something about the one on the left that suggested ice skating to me, but all the winter months were already accounted for. So then I thought wrestling, but I came across someone else who did cat wrestling better than I would have been able to achieve with what I had.Then I thought, maybe I could do a Godzilla-inspired scene in front of Arcosanti. So Louie is a Mothra-inspired creature, and Strombeek has the spine of an Australian thorny toad since I couldn't find any good photos of Godzilla's spine. Still, I wasn't sure it really worked. I showed Arthur, pointing out that Strombeek-zilla spits blue, laser-like fire, like the original Godzilla does--not like the fireball I originally had rocketing from Strombeek's mouth. But he agreed that it wasn't really working and thought I should go back to the fireball. Overall, I guess not quite a success. 

Hopefully I'll be able to finish the calendar before school starts in the next few weeks. I'm just missing June, September, and October. The cats already have some nice Halloween costumes. I just need to set them up for a shoot!

December update: Due to a lack of time and any better ideas, I had Arthur add laser beams to Louie-Mothra's eyes and the image is a go.  

Click HERE to purchase the Strombeek & Louie 2012 Calendar from Cafe Press.

No comments: