What Coffee with Cats is NOT. . .



Coffee with Cats is not a tribute to the coffee bean specially processed by the civet's digestive track.

Coffee with Cats is not a fetish page devoted to the cat cafes of Japan.

What is Coffee with Cats? Keep reading to find out.



The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The first of the Photoshopped spectaculars, created for my husband in homage of a poster he found in Cairo with a similar disregard for proportion or scale. That's us on the roof. But that's not our real house.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Cat Calendar Update

It was brought to my attention that some of the cat calendar pages for this year were a little unclear. For instance, the month of July, shown below was supposed to be in honor of Bastille day, while some people interpreted it as being an homage to the role the French played in our independence.










Perhaps if I had portrayed Strombeek as a wee bit more Marie Antoinette-ish it would have been clear. Like so. . .


















So, in preparation for school starting next week, I've almost finished the 2011 cat calendar. There were a number of pictures that it occurred to me might not make sense without a descriptor of some sort. I ultimately decided that this is part of the cat calendar's charm--having the freedom to come up with your own interpretations. So, rather than include captions, I plan to explain my vision for the monthly calendar page in the blog.

No comments: