What Coffee with Cats is NOT. . .



Coffee with Cats is not a tribute to the coffee bean specially processed by the civet's digestive track.

Coffee with Cats is not a fetish page devoted to the cat cafes of Japan.

What is Coffee with Cats? Keep reading to find out.



The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The first of the Photoshopped spectaculars, created for my husband in homage of a poster he found in Cairo with a similar disregard for proportion or scale. That's us on the roof. But that's not our real house.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Wrap a Cat

So there's this crazy cat video going around (there are actually a few) about how to wrap a cat for Christmas.

Maybe you've seen one.  

I thought I could do something even better with Strombeek...





So far so good.  Strombeek hunkers down on the wrapping paper as expected.







Then she sees the scissors at work and senses something's up.  She's like, you're not trying to cut strategically around my body like that wrap-a-cat video are you?

I'm like, no, I'm not doing anything.  Just standing here.



But she knows something's up, so she keeps changing her position.


(It looks for some reason like I am cutting the cat, but rest assured that I am not.)





Try to wrap this, she says.









Now she seems to be sitting still for it.  Still enough, anyway.









But it's a fake-out.  She makes a break for it.










Then she comes right back.  She can't resist the paper! (Or the camera? Maybe both!)








(This is right before she ran off again.)


After numerous attempts with her running off and coming right back, this is the closest I can get--something like a Christmas themed cat windsock. 

I imagined I would wrap her and then she would pull an Incredible Hulk and burst out of the paper.  But she refuses to be wrapped.  Perhaps she still remembers the Cat Burrito incident too clearly.

No comments: