What Coffee with Cats is NOT. . .



Coffee with Cats is not a tribute to the coffee bean specially processed by the civet's digestive track.

Coffee with Cats is not a fetish page devoted to the cat cafes of Japan.

What is Coffee with Cats? Keep reading to find out.



The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The first of the Photoshopped spectaculars, created for my husband in homage of a poster he found in Cairo with a similar disregard for proportion or scale. That's us on the roof. But that's not our real house.

Sunday, May 1, 2011

May Day





























So there are a few things going on in this calendar picture. I think it began with the macaws that were Photoshopped for our anniversary posting last year. It seemed kind of weird to put a big picture of Art and me kissing in front of a volcano on everybody's calendar, so I moved Strombeek and Louie hovering (kind of like Costa Rican cherubim, I guess--which is more apparent in the actual anniversary pict) to this background instead.

The actual setting is Golden Gate Park, taken a few years back. There was also an issue involving Zizek, my sister's cat, who is shown as the Strombeek overlord's right-hand cat-on-the-swan. Zizek was accidentally left out of the 2010 calendar, so he was promised a VERY special place in 2011. This is the very special place. Beyond that, I think it's fairly self-explanatory. The ongoing feud with the squirrel, of course. The Strombeek overlord is looking festive in a bright flower vest and antennae-like flowers being used as antennae. I got some great bluebird photos...was it last year? that I was really excited about using. That's the bluebird on her shoulder. Zippity Doo Da, ya know.

I think in the background photo there is a bird bathing to Strombeek's left at hyper-speed. You only notice if you look carefully. It's mostly a blur of splashing wings.

No comments: