What Coffee with Cats is NOT. . .



Coffee with Cats is not a tribute to the coffee bean specially processed by the civet's digestive track.

Coffee with Cats is not a fetish page devoted to the cat cafes of Japan.

What is Coffee with Cats? Keep reading to find out.



The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The Valentine's Day Card that Started it All

The first of the Photoshopped spectaculars, created for my husband in homage of a poster he found in Cairo with a similar disregard for proportion or scale. That's us on the roof. But that's not our real house.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January

January's calendar picture was inspired by The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.  Strombeek is the ice queen riding her scale chariot.  The scale seems appropriate given Strombeek's ongoing battle with weight loss and the fact that many make losing weight their new year's resolution.  The thought bubble above Strombeek's head is from the scale box. It was actually visible in that picture of her (pre Photo-shop) and I found it amusing, so I kept it.

Originally I had conceived of Louie as Mr. Tumnus, but I couldn't find appropriate goat legs to affix him to.  So he ended up as a centaur instead, which I think is better. The main issue is with the lines attaching the scale sleigh to his harness. I couldn't find anything appropriate to use, so I had to draw something on. At the height of my frustration, I deluded myself that it looked decent. I see now that it does not, but given the fantastical nature of the whole thing, there is a level on which that's okay.

The cat in the tree (playing the role of Aslan) is Kat & Kris's cat, Tibby, who died last year.  This is why she gets the role of honor.

The background is from a mirrored mural down the street from our house, taken during what was known as the "Snowpocalypse" of 2010.

No comments: